1. Research articles
In peer-reviewed journals
- Epidemics and indigenous health: Public health measures among indigenous communities in northeast India, Forthcoming.
- Unwillingness to Share Power: Manipur and the ADCs Bill, 2021, Economic and Political Weekly, 2022, 57(14), 25-28, Link: https://www.epw.in/journal/2022/14/commentary/unwillingness-share-power.html
- Traditional Ideas and Institutions of Democracy in India’s North East. Contemporary Voice of Dalit, 15(1), 2023. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/2455328X211069680
- Voting behaviour in deeply divided societies: partisanship and ethnic voting in the hills of Manipur, Asian Ethnicity, 2021. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14631369.2020.1799750
- From ‘Chinky’ to ‘Coronavirus’: racism against Northeast Indians during the Covid-19 pandemic, Asian Ethnicity, 22(2), 353-373, 2021, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1080/14631369.2020.1763161
- Dereliction of Duties or Political Interference? The Governor, Hill Areas Committee and Upsurge in the Hills of Manipur, Indian Journal of Public Administration, 63(3), 2017: 456–474. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1177/0019556117720606
- Spurn Thy Neighbour: The Politics of Indigeneity in Manipur, Studies in Indian Politics, 4(2), 2016: 1-13. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1177/2321023016665526
- India’s Look East Policy: Prospects and Challenges for Northeast India, Studies in Indian Politics, 3(2), 2015: 198-211. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/117/2321023015601742
- The Politics of Scheduled Tribe Status in Manipur, Society and Culture in South Asia, 1(1), 2015: 82-89. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1177/2393861714550952
- Inter-ethnic relations in Meghalaya, Asian Ethnicity, 15(3), 2014: 302-316. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14631369.2013.853545
- The Kuki-Naga Conflict in the light of recent publications, South Asia Research, Vol. 33, No. 1, February 2013, pp. 77-87. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1177/0262728013475545
- Recent trends in regional integration and the Indian experience, International Area Studies Review, 15(4), 2012: 377-392. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1177/2233865912465605
- Political Integration of Northeast India: A Historical Analysis, Strategic Analysis, 36(2), 2012: 302-312. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1080/09700161.2012.646508
- India’s Look East Policy: Its Evolution and Approach, South Asian Survey, 18(2), 2011: 239-257. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1177/0971523113513368
2. Other Journal Publications
Non-reviewed articles in journals
- Is there a Pan-North-East Identity and Solidarity? Economic & Political Weekly, 47(36), 2012: 84-85. JSTOR: https://www.jstor.org/stable/41720115
- District Status for Sadar Hills in Manipur, Man and Society, IX, Winter 2012: 92-112.
- Kuki Churches Unification Movements, Journal of North East India Studies, 2(2), 2012: 33-48.
- Theoretical Considerations of Political Integration and the Indian Experience, International Journal of South Asian Studies, Vol. 4(1), 2011: 221-234.
- Conceptualising Northeast India: A Discursive Analysis on Diversity, Bangladesh e-Journal of Sociology, e 8(2), 2011: 109-120.
- Language and Nomenclature Imbroglio among the Kukis, Language in India, 11(3), 2011: 28-35.
- India’s Look East Policy, Third Concept, 25(291), 2011: 7-11.
- India’s Look East policy: Domestic Concern or Foreign Apprehension, FPRC Journal, Volume 8, 2011, 227-234.
- India’s Northeast Policy: Continuity and Change, Man and Society, Vol. VII, winter 2010: 86-99.
3. Book Chapters
Peer reviewed papers
- Indigenous Knowledge and Early Warning Systems, in International Handbook of Disaster Research, edited by Amita Singh, Plagrave-Macmillan, 2023.
- Territoriality, in The Routledge Companion to Northeast India Edited By Jelle J. P. Wouters, Tanka B Subba, Routledge, 2022.
- Ethnocracy in Deeply Divided Societies: The Dynamics of Ethnopolitics in Manipur, in Jelle JP Wouters (Ed.). Vernacular Politics in Northeast India: Tribal Democracies, Ethno-Talk, and Political Prophecy, New Delhi: Oxford University Press, March 2022.
- Making a Case for the Formation of Regional Councils within Sixth Schedule Area, in Atul Sarma, Ashok Pankaj and Antora Borah (eds.). Social Sector Development in North-East India. New Delhi: Sage Publications, 2020. pp. 361-380.
- Escape Agriculture, Foraging Culture: The Subsistence Economy of the Kukis during the Anglo-Kuki War, in D.L. Haokip and N. Kipgen (eds.). Against the Empire: Polity, economy and culture during the Anglo-Kuki War 1917-1919, New Delhi, Routledge, 2020, pp. 118-136. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9781003000655-10
- Development through Trade: Re-examining India’s Act East Policy and the Northeastern Region, in Rakhee Bhattacharjee (ed.). Developmentalism as Strategy: Interrogating Post-colonial Narratives on India’s North East. New Delhi: Sage Publications, 2019, 231-249. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9789353287689.n10
- Breaking the Spirit of the Kukis: Launching the ‘largest series of military operations’ in the Northeastern Frontier of India, in J. Guite & T. Haokip (eds.). The Anglo-Kuki War, 1917-1919: A Frontier Uprising against Imperialism during the First World War, London/New Delhi: Routledge, 2018, 93-117. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4324/9780429431098-4
- Role of CBOs in Resilience Building: Good Practices and Challenges, in Amita Singh, et. al. (eds.) Development and Disaster Management: A Study of the North Eastern States of India. Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore, 2018, 281-299. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-8485-0_19
4. Other book chapters
- Challenges for Democratic Governance in Manipur, in G. Ram (Ed.). Exploring Social Margins: Human Development in India’s North East. Guwahati: Eastern Book House, 2017. pp. 270-280.
- The Kuki Tribes of Meghalaya: A Study of their Socio-Political Problems, in R. Padhi (ed.). Current Tribal Situation: Strategies for Planning, Welfare and Sustainable Development. Delhi: Mangalam Publications, 2013, pp. 85-93. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1621524
- Looking East via Moreh: Prospects and Challenges for the Kukis, in N. Haokip & M. Lunminthang (eds.) The Kuki Society: Past, Present and Future. New Delhi: Maxford, 2011, pp. 190-202.
5. Film reviews
- Mirror of the Kuki Nation (2008), Asian Ethnicity, 22(2), pp. 395–396. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14631369.2020.1770055
6. Photo essays
Life and Livelihood at the Margin: Bally village in the Sundarbans
- Essays on the Kuki-Naga Conflict: A Review, Strategic Analysis, Vol. 37, Issue 2, March-April 2013, pp. 251-259. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/1080/09700161.2012.755785
- Beyond Borders: Look East Policy & North East India edited by Dilip Gogoi (Delhi/Guwahati: DVS Publishers), 2010; pp xiv + 317, Rs 670. in Man and Society, Volume VIII, Summer 2011, pp. 161-172.
- Thingnam Kishan Singh (ed.). Look East Policy & India’s North East: Polemics and Perspectives. New Delhi: Concept Publishing Company, 2008, published in Man and Society, Volume VI, 2009, 115-119.
- Long term approach to the menace of rape in India, Journal of North East India Studies, 3(2), 2013: i-ii.
- The Legacy of Colonial Governmentality in Nagaland, Journal of North East India Studies, 7(1), 2017: i-iii. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1621515
- Memories That Always Return, Journal of North East India Studies, 7(2), 2017: i-iii